We are VCMC.
We care beyond compare.
I am really satisfied with the service of VCMC. The nurses are very friendly and helpful to assist through my medical procedure. The medical facilities are good!
Great medical care and service. Medical staff was helpful to assist through my medical procedure. The medical facilities are great!
Great medical facilities. Quality health care for all!
Juan dela Cruz
VCMC envisions to be a modern health facility that ensures people’s attainment of health and well-being at all times.
To provide competent and compassionate quality healthcare services including health education and promotion in any given situation and beyond the hospital setting.
- Integrity.that is based on the principles of accountability, transparency and honesty. We never compromise our reputation, we protect and sustain our credibility as a faith-based institution. We hold ourselves accountable to patients, other clients and VCMC as stewards of God’s creation.
- Justice.demands that there is equity in the provision of services and opportunities and these should be universally available regardless of race, culture, religious belief, gender, and age.
- Unity. We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, be a team player and work in cooperation with other staff in making a difference for patients, other clients, and VCMC.
- Creativity. We are open to new ideas, embrace change and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions and demand ourselves to improving the quality of our care to patients, other clients and to the institution.
- Compassion. We emulate the ways and teachings of Jesus Christ in looking beyond the illnesses of people and seek to improve health, well-being, and relationships.
Our Value Propositions
- We are the most affordable among private hospitals in Cebu City
- We are a government-accredited tertiary level hospital that puts learning at the helm. Inherent in this status is the Residency Training Program that offers updated medical services.
- We are strategically located at the heart of Cebu City increasing geographic accessibility
- We have a competent, loyal and engaging workforce.
- We are Inclusive in terms of our services in spite our being church-owned, a practice that is deeply rooted in the belief that all persons are created in the image of God and destined to live in community with God hence deserving of our treatment and care regardless of race, ethnicity, religious and spiritual beliefs, political affiliation, and economic status.
- We engage with people at the communities through our Community Health Services-Health Development Program (CHS-HDP).
- We have competent, loyal and engaging workforce.
- Health Equity – We aspire for health equity which is the absence of avoidable or remediable differences among groups of people in accessing health care services whether these groups of people are defined socially, economically, demographically or geographically.
- Children – Children and young people are prone to the harmful impact of the vulnerability, hence, they must be protected by all means at all times especially from abuse in the process of giving health care. Children must be given priority in health services and must be given the opportunity to participate in decision-making especially on matters that involve them.
- Environment Sustainability – Contribute significantly towards environmental sustainability which is the ability to maintain the qualities that are valued in the physical environment. We recognize that the environment is one of the most important determinants of health and well-being.
- Resiliency – Enhance resiliency among people and communities in order for them to bounce back better after situations of ill-health, infirmities, disasters, and calamities both natural and human-caused.
- Gender Preferences – Gender preferences are respected as people experience a situation differently according to their gender. The LGBTs, as a group, in particular, has long been an object of ostracism and judgment, ridicule and condemnation by so many in our society. VCMC as a church-owned institution adheres to the tenets of inclusiveness, equity and equality welcoming all people, regardless of gender, race, nationality, political affiliation or even religious conviction are seen as one in Christ and are all objects of God’s healing and reconciling love. Within this faith tradition, we consider the grace of God as an unconditional gift1 translating into how VCMC treats every person who comes and seeks health care.
- HIV and AIDS – Treating HIV as a socio-economic and development issue and not just biomedical is important to understand the vulnerabilities and risks in addition to the most at-risk populations who often need to receive specific measures to protect themselves against neglect, discrimination, violence and breakdown of community cohesion and of social and sexual norms regulating behavior.
- Persons with different Abilities – Persons with different abilities, whose needs cannot be addressed in a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Therefore, we take into consideration the particular abilities, skills, resources, and knowledge of individuals with different types and degrees of impairments.